Things seen and heard on the Capital Region art scene and beyond
Tuesday, September 29, 2020
Regionals, regionals ...
Juror Karen Davis peruses the Photo Regional Salon at Albany Center Gallery Thanks in part to the coronavirus pandemic, we now have a perfe...
Sunday, September 13, 2020
Masterful prints at the Fenimore Art Museum
Albrecht Dürer - Agony in the Garden (Christ on the Mount of Olives) , 1508 detail of a print from the Engraved Passion series I...
Saturday, August 29, 2020
MASS MoCA, at last
A view of James Turrell's Into the Light at MASS MoCA A recent survey reported that just 13% of Americans are happy - the other 87%,...
Tuesday, August 18, 2020
It's the NBA playoffs!
NOTE: On Wednesday, August 26, players for the Milwaukee Bucks sparked a widespread protest of the shootings in Kenosha, Wisc., among major ...
Saturday, July 25, 2020
Recycled and Refashioned: The Art of Ruby Silvious at AIHA
Tea Shirts - watercolor, gouache, ink on used tea bags by Ruby Silvious It's no secret that the greater Capital Region has long bee...
Wednesday, July 15, 2020
Galleries are re-opening! (Part III)
Installation view of Willard Boepple show at Pamela Salisbury Gallery photo by Peter Crabtree When I heard galleries were starting to emerge...
Saturday, July 4, 2020
Galleries are re-opening! (Part II)
Vanderbilt Estate, Hyde Park, New York , part of the Fenimore Art Museum's Blue Gardens: Photographs by Steve Gross and Susan Daley As ...
View web version